A Huge Win for Mobility
|The truck rigged with two Titan Rod Vaults|
So we started shopping around for other solutions and found a few products designed to carry rods more securely. Ultimately, we settled on the Titan Rod Vault from Denver Outfitters as it seemed to have more of the features we wanted:
- Rod Protection
- Ease of removal and put away
- Tube length (we fish a few 10 footers for Euro style nymphing)
- Ease of install and mounting options
- Security. You can lock the vaults themselves and also padlock the tube clamps to the rack you install it on.
- Cosmetic, yes, but we really wanted a cool wrap so we went with a Brook Trout theme from a fish we caught a couple years back.
|Business end of the Titan Rod Vault|
|Custom Fly Fish Food wrap|
Even though Denver Outfitters has a great set of instructions on how to mount and install, I figured we'd do one ourselves. One very important thing I'd recommend if you have a truck with no shell, like my Tundra here, give a look at US Rack. They carry high quality racks with a ton of different mounting options. And they're cheaper than the standard Thule or Yakima offerings. Since my truck has a bed rail system, it was awesome to have the US Rack system attach right in there with no drilling or other obtrusive mods to my truck.
Anyhoo...check it out in the video here...