June 29th to July 2nd 2017
|Savery Rainbow taken on a big hopper|
We're excited to announce our Savery Creek hosted trip for 2017. From June 29th to July 2nd, we'll be packing our gear and heading to a legendary remote stream in the wilds of south central Wyoming where we'll hang with you for a few days throwing big dry flies and streamers to hungry trophy-sized Rainbow trout. It's truly difficult to describe how awesome this place is to those who haven't experienced it. Suffice it to say, it's an incredible opportunity to catch huge fish on big nasty flies. This hosted trip is one of the highlights of the year for us!
Here's how it will go: You'll travel to Wyoming and meet up with someone Thursday to accompany you to the lodge. Thursday evening, we'll enjoy some home-cooked food and discuss the fishing plans for the next day. You can then enjoy an evening of relaxation watching a variety of wildlife from the balcony or tie flies with Cheech and Curtis. You'll then spend two full days of fishing with us. We normally fish big dry flies and streamers but nymphing can also be effective as well. Our goal is to get you into a fish of a lifetime.
During your stay, you will enjoy incredible fishing, delectable food, great company and a wilderness experience that rivals anything in the world. We recommend booking your spot early in order to ensure you of a spot.
Here are the details:
- We have room for 6 to 8 anglers. First come, first served and spots will fill up fast. We can accommodate non-anglers but please let us know in advance so we can arrange for that.
- The cost will be $1400 per angler for three nights lodging, two days fishing (with guides), food, fly tying materials and flies (if you don't want to tie or want to save the ones you tie).
- We usually tie flies in the evening, but the fly tying part is totally optional. If you want to get one-on-one instruction from Cheech on how to tie his Project Hopper, it can't hurt.
- We advise bringing your own rod, but if you don't have a suitable one, let us know and we can make arrangements. We suggest a 5 or 6 weight. You could get away with a 4 weight, but a 23 inch 6 lb fish full of fight will appreciate a beefier rod. 3X or 4X tippet is great.
- 50% deposit will hold your reservation. Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org to snag a spot.
- Contact us for travel suggestions, but you can fly into Hayden, Colorado; Rock Springs, Wyoming; Laramie Wyoming, or even Salt Lake City, Utah.
- You need to plan on arriving to Savery Thursday afternoon to evening. Sunday is also a travel day, with departures Sunday morning from the lodge.
We're excited to meet some new faces and invite anyone who's been to come again!
|A Savery Rainbow who fell for a juicy Cicada pattern|