Cheech - November, 2015
Chances are that you have heard of the Elk Hair Caddis, because it's one of the most popular and effective dry flies on the planet. The X Caddis is a very close relative of the Elk Hair Caddis, and it is probably just as effective. Craig Matthews delevloped the pattern to represent an emerging caddis, but it can work as everything from an attractor to a mayfly. Just change the colors and sizes to match your local insects.
- Hook: Daiichi 1180 - Standard Dry Fly Hook - 14
- Thread: Danville Flat Waxed Nylon Thread - 70 Denier - Black
- Shuck: Sparkle Emerger Yarn - Tan
- Body: Nature's Spirit Fine Natural Dubbing - Callibaetis
- Wing: Nature's Spirit Select Cow Elk - Natural
- Tools Used: Stonfo Comb/Brush Tool, Renzetti Standard Hair Stacker,