Cheech - March, 2019
It seems like forever ago, but 6 years ago the Unsinkabeetle was born in a bowl full of water at my mom's house. I have played with this fly in various sizes and configurations, and they have been everything from small pink ones, to all natural brown ones with no flash, but they all seem to do two things really well: 1- Float. 2- Catch fish. This video is a color combo and size that seems to be popular in southern Patagonia Argentina, so naturally I had to tie some up! Take note that right after we filmed this, Gamakatsu stopped making the S10 in the size we used, so we made some necessary adjustments in the recipe. Have fun tying these!!
- Hook: Daiichi 1710 - 2X Long Nymph Hook - 6
- Thread: 6/0 UNI-Thread Waxed - Black
- Body: Fly Tying Foam - 2mm - Black
- Over Body: Rainy's Evazote Foam - Black - 1/8"
- Dubbing: Ice Dub - UV Black
- Wing: EP Fibers - White
- Indicator: Fly Tying Foam - 2mm - Yellow
- Leg1: Speckled Centipede Legs - Speckled Red - Medium
- Leg2: Speckled Centipede Legs - Speckled Clear Tan - Medium