CDC & Foam Ant
Cheech - July, 2018
We have spent several years surveying trout across the country and the consensus is that they all love flying ant patterns. Cinnamon, black, brown, etc. 95.87% of them confirmed that they would readily eat a properly presented ant fly pattern. Scientific research aside, we started to pay attention more to flying ants once we started fishing Lance's Bionic ant, and watching picky mayfly eaters move 7' out of their feeding lanes to eat the juicier morsel. On this fly, you will see a cool technique to create a round body with foam and dubbing, and you will also see the cinnamon pepper color of hackle that we have been using a lot lately.
- Hook: Gamakatsu S10 Executive Series Dry Fly Hook - 12
- Body : UTC Ultrathread 70 Denier - Black
- Body 2: Nature's Spirit Beaver Dubbing - Rusty Spinner
- Overbody: Rainy's Evazote Foam - Black - 1/8"
- Wing: Polish CDC - White
- Hackle: Flash Hackle Link
- Tools Used: C&F Design Bobbin - Midge Size, Fly Tying Wax Skull, Tiemco Tungsten Carbide Razor Scissor,