CDC Biot Caddis
Cheech - February, 2018
Our resident caddis guru Pete Steen, steps in to tie us up another nice caddis pattern. Going with a delicate but floatatious bunch of CDC for the wing, this is a great caddis dry fly imitation.
The pattern is lightweight and floats like a charm, so make sure to use a good lighter wire dry fly hook.
- Hook: Firehole Sticks 419 Dry Fly - 12
- Thread: UTC Ultrathread 70 Denier - Wood Duck
- Body: Nature's Spirit Stripped Wild Turkey Barred Biots - Brown Olive
- Thorax: Super Fine Dry Fly Dubbing - Cinnamon Caddis
- Wing: Nature's Spirit CDC - Brown
- Tools Used:
- 30907: Tiemco Hackle Pliers - Standard
- ZAP16: Fly Tyer's Z-Ment
Materials & Alternate Materials Listed Below