Egan's Corn Fed Caddis
Curtis - June 24, 2018
The Corn Fed Caddis is a beefy, high floating dry fly fit for any water type.
It utilizes the incredible flotation and fish catching abilities of CDC. Most CDC patterns are sparse and delicate, but the Corn Fed Caddis lives up to its name sporting a heavy CDC wing stacked with a hydrophobic, poly yarn overwing for even more floatability. This linebacker at ballet class also uses CDC fibers for the hackle.
Throw this fly at selective spring creek browns or pocketwater pushovers, it works great for both!
Also of note, CDC flies don't work well with traditional floatants. Use Tiemco dry magic or Loon Lochsa gel style floatants, Shimizaki Dry Shake, Loon Top Ride, or Frogs Fanny powder floatants for best results.
- Hook: TMC 100 Dry Fly Hook - 14 - 25 Pack
- Thread: MFC Premium Fly Tying Thread - Light Brown - 6/0
- Shuck: Antron Yarn - Carded - PMD Shuck/Olive
- Body/Thorax: Super Fine Dry Fly Dubbing - Tan
- Wing/Hackle: Nature's Spirit CDC - Natural
- Wing 2: Para Post Wing Material - White
- Tools Used: Stonfo Elite Rotodubbing twister, Stonfo Dubbing Loop Clip Set - Small, Renzetti Standard Bobbin - Ruby Tip, Stonfo Comb/Brush Tool, Umpqua Shimazaki Dry Shake, Loon Lochsa Floatant (1/2 oz), Frog's Fanny,