Pheasant Tail X-Caddis
Curtis - February, 2018
Pete Steen returns for the final caddis in this current series (I'm sure there will be more, so no worries there).
Couple of things here: First off, the X-Caddis is a must-have pattern when it comes to caddis imitations. Secondly, pheasant tail on any pattern is like the secret sauce that fish can't resist. It's akin to Cheech and cotton candy as gas stations: don't necessarily need it but it's pretty and so so tasty. Nom nom.
Anyhoo...enjoy this one!!!
- Hook: Fulling Mill 35050 Ultimate Dry Fly Hook, Barbless - 14
- Thread: UTC Ultrathread 70 Denier - Dark Brown
- Shuck: Sparkle Emerger Yarn - Tan
- Thorax: Super Fine Dry Fly Dubbing - Cinnamon Caddis
- Body: Nature's Spirit Ringneck Pheasant Center Tails - Natural
- Ribbing: UTC Ultra Wire - Gold - X-Small
- Wing: Nature's Spirit Select Cow Elk - Natural
- Tools Used: Stonfo Comb/Brush Tool, Renzetti Standard Hair Stacker, Stonfo Thread Splitter,