Real. Easy. Parachute.
Cheech - September, 2014
Iremember when I got my first metz grizzly neck. I went straight home confident that all of my hackle woes were solved, and that I would be able to tie top end flies just because I had better hackle. Well, the hackle helped, but I still had a lot to learn, specifically with parachutes. Through the years, I have adopted several steps that have made my parachute tying life a LOT easier and cleaner. As you watch the video, you will see some tips on tying in the biot, how to tie in the post without any bulk, and most importantly, how to tie off your parachute without ruining your work of art. This pattern is more of a demonstration of techniques as opposed to a be-all end-all color combination. Change up the body, tail, and basically any part of this fly... Just incorporate the techniques in this video, and you will tie better parachutes.
- Hook: Daiichi 1110 - Wide Gape Dry Fly Hook - 16
- Thread: UTC Ultrathread 70 Denier - Olive
- Tail: Sparkle Emerger Yarn - Gray
- Body: Nature's Spirit Turkey Biot Quills - BWO
- Post: Para Post Wing Material - White
- Thorax: Ice Dub - UV Lt. Olive
- Hackle: Flash Hackle Link
- Tools Used: Fly Tyer's Z-Ment,