Sexy Walt's Worm
Curtis - July, 2019
Walt’s worms (not a worm pattern) have been staples in many competitive anglers boxes for years. For whatever reason (I believe it’s lack of confidence in the pattern), I haven’t been able to catch any fish on Walt’s worms. I’ve tried so many variations that it’s now a running joke between me and a few fishing friends. They catch on Walt’s, I don’t. And so it goes... until this variation.
For reasons unknown, I have finally caught fish on a Walt’s worm variation. This particular mix of dubbing, thread, ribbing and bead has been very effective for me the last few months. I doubt other variations will suddenly start working for me but this version is solid. So, whether you’re like me and haven’t caught anything on Walt’s, or you’re a seasoned Walt’s worm veteran, give this mix a try. I think your fish will like it.
You can see both the tying tutorial video and also how to fish the Sexy Walt's variation below. Make sure to watch them both!
- Hook: Hanak H 400 BL Jig Hook - 14
- Bead Option 1: Hanak Round+ Slotted Tungsten Beads - Silver - 3.5mm
- Bead Option 2: Hareline Slotted Tungsten Beads - Silver - 1/8" (3.3mm)
- Thread: UTC Ultrathread 70 Denier - Watery Olive
- Body Dubbing #1: Wapsi Sow Scud Dubbing - Rainbow
- Body Dubbing #2: Hareline Dubbin - Hare's Ear
- Ribbing #1: Sulky Metallic Tinsel - Opalescent (8040)
- Ribbing #2: RIO Powerflex Tippet - 7X
- Tools Used: Stonfo Comb/Brush Tool, Dr. Slick Tungsten Carbide All Purpose Scissors, 4",