Cheech - September, 2019
The effectiveness of the Pat's Rubber Legs is known industry wide, so as I do with lots of already popular patterns, I make subtle (or not so subtle) tweaks to them. This one uses one of the best long shank jig hooks I've seen in a long long time, a very interesting hackling technique, and a small bit of flashy dubbing. Mix up the colors and happy fishing!!
P.S. The Squatchy Bas%$rd is a nickname for one of my current co-workers. He's very very Squatchy.
- Hook: TMC 708 Keel Streamer Hook - 8
- Bead: Hanak Round+ Slotted Tungsten Beads - Black Matte - 4.0mm
- Thread: 8/0 UNI-Thread Waxed Midge - Black
- Legs/Tail: Spanflex - Brown - Medium
- Body: Stonefly Chenille - Seal Brown/Coffee
- Thorax: Ice Dub - UV Brown
- Hackle: Flash Sale Hackle 77 - Whiting Pro Grade Midge Saddle - Light Ginger (size 16-18)
- Lead: Lead Wire Spool - .020
- Tools Used: Renzetti Traveler Vise 2000 (Pedestal), Griffin Supreme Ceramic Bobbin, Dr. Slick Tungsten Carbide All Purpose Scissors, 4",