Build a Better Brassie
Cheech - January 26, 2014
I know. How can you make the brassie even more simple than it is? Trust me - it is possible.
The brassie is a great fly because it just plain produces fish. Similar to a Zebra midge, it is designed for maximum simplicity, and effectiveness. With the wide array of wire products out now from UTC and other companies, there are many different color combinations that can be achieved.
This video is designed to help you tie cleaner, faster brassies. The key is to eliminate thread under the body of the fly. Check out the video for demonstration.
- Hook: TMC 2488 Nymph Hook - 18 - 25 Pack
- Thread: Danville Flat Waxed Nylon Thread - 70 Denier - Black
- Bead: Plummeting Tungsten Beads - Black Nickel - 5/64" (2.0mm)
- Body: UTC Ultra Wire - Silver - Small
- Body: UTC Ultra Wire - Black - Small
- Thorax: Nature's Spirit Snowshoe Rabbit Foot Dubbing - Black
- Tools Used: Fly Tyer's Z-Ment