Carp Dough Boy
Cheech - October 10, 2014
Here is a little carp pattern that we have been playing with recently. With some of the new carp toys out like Cohen's carp dub, and Allen carp hooks, I couldn't resist messing around with some bugs. This fly is also very functional as a mini crawfish and can be tied in a variety of different colors to match the forage in your waters.
A couple of keys for this fly:
1. It's compact like a little edible nugget for the fish
2. It is a low odor fly. No superglue was harmed in the making of this film. The glue was Loon water based stuff.
3. It's tied on a beefy hook that will hold up to the biggest and baddest carp battles.
4. Ice dub - it plain catches fish.
- Hook: Gamakatsu SL45 Bonefish Hook - 6
- Thread: UTC Ultrathread 140 Denier - Fl. Fire Orange
- Eyes: Pseudo Eyes - Yellow - Small
- Tail/Wing: Nature's Spirit Premium Bugger Bou - Crawfish Orange
- Legs: Magnum Predator Legs - Grizzly Barred Rootbeer
- Body: Cohen's Carp Dub - Cray Zee Orange
- Head: Ice Dub - Pheasant Tail