Curtis Fry - April, 2016
Ihaven't fished the duracell jig for more than a year or so, but it's quickly becoming one of my all-around go-to flies for Euro style nymphing as well as something to drop off of a big dry fly.
Originally created, near as I can tell from what I read online, by Craig McDonald, the Duracell has quickly become a favorite pattern among the Euro or Czech style nymphing crowd.
I'm very particular to Ice Dub and Hare'e Ice Dub, so when I saw this was created almost entirely from one of my favorite materials, I figured it had to be golden -- and it's been golden, no question.
- Hook: Fulling Mill 5045 Jig Force Barbless Hook - 14
- Thread: 8/0 UNI-Thread Waxed Midge - Camel
- Bead: Fulling Mill Slotted Tungsten Beads - Silver - 3.2mm
- Body: Ice Dub - UV Brown
- Ribbing: UTC Ultra Wire - Red - Small
- Collar: Nature's Spirit CDC - Medium Slate Dun