The Stonesickle Nymph
Curtis Fry - April, 2018
Our stonefly specialist, Tim Sickles, is at it again with a great stonefly nymph. Great for Skwalas, Goldens or matching it to your hatch, it's a straightforward tie and offers up a wonderful buggy profile. Plus, it's hefty enough to fish on a Euro nymph rig or you can fish it on an indicator rig. And don't worry...the inclusion of foam will be just fine to keep this bug still looking and acting like a nymph.
- Hook: Firehole Sticks 315 Nymph & Stonefly & Klinkhammer - 8
- Thread: UTC Ultrathread 70 Denier - Black
- Bead: Plummeting Tungsten Beads - Black Ruby - 3/16" (4.6mm)
- Tail/Antenna: Speckled Centipede Legs - Speckled Tan/Brown - Medium
- Body Rib: UTC Ultra Wire - Amber - Brassie
- Body Dub: Nature's Spirit Hare's Mask Dubbing - Natural
- Flash: Veevus Holographic Tinsel - Copper - Medium
- Body Shell Back: Scud Back - Black - 1/8"
- Legs: Round Rubber Legs - Black - Medium
- Wing Case: Rainy's Cross-Link Sheet Foam - Cinnamon - 1 mm
- Tools Used: Tiemco Hackle Pliers - Standard, Fly Tyer's Z-Ment,