Curtis - March, 2018
Big B is back with a pattern that he's well with over the past couple of years. We frequent a lot of water that is rich in Callibaetis mayflies and having effective and quickly tied imitations is an important factor. Plus a lot of the time we're throwing midge tip lines, which allows us to fish either weighted or unweighted patterns like this deep or shallow, depending on fly weight and leader setup.
Plus, this bug uses some of Lance's UV Shrimp Pink mojo, which is a known fish catnip.
- Hook: Hanak H 230 BL Standard Nymph Hook - 14
- Thread: Veevus Fly Tying Thread - Dark Tan - 16/0
- Tail: Nature's Spirit Ringneck Pheasant Center Tails - Natural
- Bead: Plummeting Tungsten Beads - Copper - 7/64" (2.8mm)
- Rib: Sulky Metallic Tinsel - Gold (8007)
- Body: SLF Spikey Squirrel Dubbing - Natural Gray
- Thorax: Ice Dub - UV Brown
- Soft Hackle: Whiting 4B Hen Cape - Greenwell
- Hot Spot: Ice Dub - UV Shrimp Pink
- Tools Used: Stonfo Comb/Brush Tool, Tiemco TMC Ceramic Bobbin (Std), C&F Design Hackle Pliers,
Materials & Alternate Materials Listed Below