Diamond Jig Leech
Cheech - October, 2019
Sometimes you break in to Lance's TOYota and steal his fly ideas. Other times he shares cool concepts with you. In this case, he turned us on to this color dubbing and this style of fly. Solid work Lance... In recent months we have fished several diverse trout fisheries with everything from brook trout, splake, rainbow trout, cutthroat trout, and tiger trout. The thing they all have in common is that they can't get enough of this fly. It's so simple that it's basically a crime not to have a few in your stillwater boxes. We fish it mostly on a long leader and a midge tip setup, but why would you read a description about how well it fishes when you could just watch a video. Check it out below.
- Hook: Hanak H 400 BL Jig Hook - 8
- Bead: Hanak Round+ Slotted Tungsten Beads - Black Matte - 4.0mm
- Thread: Danville Flat Waxed Nylon Thread - 140 Denier - Black
- Tail: Nature's Spirit Premium Bugger Bou - Black
- Body: Arizona Diamond Dub - Black Red