Cheech - September, 2019
Iwill fully admit that I didn't start tying this fly to start ridding the planet of plastic 1/2" at a time. I was too lazy to dig out some proper scud back, but I had the good old ziploc bags sitting on my desk. The only catch is that a good portion of my materials come in this new fangled stiff plastic that's not the best for scud backs. About 3 or 4 flies in, I stretched some a little too hard over the back of my fly, and boom... Magic happened. In all seriousness though, this fly could be tied with a wide variety of scud back materials, but this stuff has proven to be very effective, easy to tie with, durable, and very very INEXPENSIVE! Fast forward to fishing this fly, it was easily the most effective fly for me the first time I fished it, and cutts and rainbows really put the chow on it. If you have scuds in your water, you need to try this bug!
- Hook: Fulling Mill 35005 Heavyweight Champ, Barbless - 12
- Thread: 8/0 UNI-Thread Waxed Midge - Camel
- Weight: Lead Wire Spool - .010
- Dubbing: Arizona Mega Synthetic Dubbing - Light Peacock
- Rib: UTC Ultra Wire - Copper - Brassie
- Resin: Solarez UV Cure Resin - Bone Dry .5 Oz