Humongous Blank Saver
Cheech - December, 2018
Blank Saver - Typically a fly that has a black body, long marabou tail, and a yellow/chartreuse bead.
Humongous - Typically a fly that has a long tail, lots of metallic flash, and an oversized hackle.
Both the blank saver and humongous have been absolute killers for us on lakes, so it was natural to try to merge the two flies into one. I only tied these in one color combo, and my development didn't really progress from there - because it worked. In fact it killed! I subbed the black of the blank saver for olive, and the chenille body was changed for olive brown ice dub. I also used the new Bonio Carp hook from Fulling Mill that I also used on the Baby Fat Minnow due to it having a short shank and a wicked sharp point! Tie them up and get them wet!! ~Cheech
- Hook: Fulling Mill Bonio Barbless Carp Hook - 8
- Weight: Lead Wire Spool - .020
- Thread: UTC Ultrathread 140 Denier - Fl. Chartreuse
- Bead: Plummeting Tungsten Beads - Fl. Chartreuse - 5/32" (3.8mm)
- Tail: Fish Hunter Premium Strung Marabou - Sculpin Olive (UV)
- Body: Ice Dub - Olive Brown
- Ribbing: UTC Ultra Wire - Red - Small
- Hackle: Hareline Half Rooster Cape - Grizzly Olive
- Flash: Dyed Pearl Flashabou - 6966 - Purple
- Tools Used: Loon UV Infiniti Light, Stonfo Comb/Brush Tool,