Cheech - Julu, 2019
This fly is basically just a larger version of the Baby Fat Minnow, but there are some challenges when you tie this fly larger. I use more marabou, I dub the body differently, and the head is constructed a little bit differently as well. This pattern was first tested in Argentina where the local Perca and Brown Trout ate it with wreckless abandon.
- Hook: Fulling Mill 36040 Streamer Stripper - 4
- Bead: Firehole Stones Plated Tungsten Beads - Gold - 4.0mm (5/32")
- Thread: 6/0 UNI-Thread Waxed - White
- Tail: Wapsi Strung Blood Quill Marabou - Ginger
- Body: Ice Dub - UV Tan
- Head 1: Bruiser Blend Junior Dubbing - Butter Belly
- Head 2: Bruiser Blend Junior Dubbing - Pale Lemon
- Eye: 3D Holographic Eyes - Super Pearl - 7/32"
- Resin 1: Gulf Resin
- Resin 2: Loon UV Clear Fly Finish - Thick (1/2 oz)
- Resin 3: Loon UV Clear Fly Finish - Flow
- Marker 1: Chartpak Fly Tying Markers - Sepia (Med. Brown)
- Marker 2: Chartpak Fly Tying Markers - Delta Brown (Dark Brown)
- Marker 3: Chartpak Fly Tying Markers - Goldenrod