The Curtis Fry
Cheech - October, 2019
Before we get too far into this thing... Yes, this is basically a variation of a Surf Candy fly modified for trout, and it's not really anything new... That being said, colored resins open up a lot of doors for flies in this style. It's a great technique to tie flies that are pretty simple, durable, and catch fish - so there really is no excuse not to try a few of them. The beauty of having so many colored resin options is that you can tie them to match almost ANY baitfish.
Also, It took Curtis long enough to use this name that I had to do the right thing and step in and steal it. Not apologizing. At. All.
- Hook: Ahrex 610 Trout Predator Streamer Hook - 4
- Thread: Danville Flat Waxed Nylon Thread - 140 Denier - White
- Body: Polar Flash - 2033 - Mirage Opal
- Eyes: 3D Holographic Eyes - Super Pearl - 3/16"
- Resin: Loon UV Colored Fly Finish - Olive
- Resin: Loon UV Colored Fly Finish - Hot Pink
- Resin: Loon UV Clear Fly Finish - Thick (1/2 oz)
- Resin: Solarez UV Cure Resin - Bone Dry .5 Oz
- Tail: Whiting Rooster Soft Hackle with Chickabou - Grizzly Dyed Olive